Cover letters are important documents which are supposed to be attached with resumes of those candidates who are applying for a particular job position. An administrative cover letters is that cover letter which is drafted by a person who is interested in applying for a job in the administrative department of a company or organisation. These cover letters are used to present the qualities of the candidate as far as administrative skills are concerned.
Writing an administrative cover letter may be difficult for some people as it involves attention to details and knowledge of the format which should be used to frame a cover letter. But with a few tips and hints, any person can easily frame a good administrative cover letter. The following points and suggestions will be helpful for those facing difficult while framing a cover letter of administration for them.
- The first thing to be kept in mind is that a cover letter is not very detailed unlike a resume and must not take up more than a sheet of paper. Points should be presented briefly and without sounding either over confident or under confident.
- The name, address, job position of the receiver must be written on the top left corner of the letter followed by the salutation.
- The body of the letter starts after giving salutation. The body can be divided in either two or maximum three parts. The first paragraph is the introductory part where I purpose of the cover letter and the name of the applicant and the post applied for can be mentioned.
- The next paragraph is where the skills, qualifications and experience are discussed in brief.
- The last paragraph can be used for thanking the receiver for giving time to consider the letter.
- At the end, the signing off note and the signature of the sender must be written.